Football Talent ID Camp
This is your opportunity to measure yourself against other aspiring football players and explore the best football career pathway for you.
Have you got what it takes to make it as a pro player? What is your potential? At what level are you now and to what level can you aspire to reach in future? What is the best way to forward your career?
You can study at 16 years + with IHM Football Academy. We offer the vocational Level 3 BTEC in Sport Performance, which offers a route to UK universities whilst you continue to train at our academy full time. You can also study A levels or a University foundation year with Abbey College Manchester whilst training with us. Many U.S. colleges and universities offer generous soccer scholarships for players wishing to study there whilst continuing to develop as a player.
On the IHM Talent I.D. Camp we can show you the options and help you to make the right choice for your football future.
At IHM Football Academy we are selective.
Required to apply to our TALENT ID CAMP:
– Coach reference
– Soccer cv
– Video of match play (if available)
– Compulsory Pre-Course Skype Interview with Player & Parent
1st Round: Monday 8 July – Saturday 20 July
2nd Round: Monday 22 July – Saturday 3 August
Choice of 3 Pathways for morning School Session:
About the course
- 10 x 60 mins professional football coaching
- Competitive match play
- Homestay (compulsory for 16-17 years) or residential (Tramways) self-catering accommodation (18+ only) SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
- Full player technical assessment midweek of Week 2.
- A 1:1 tutorial to discuss player potential and academic pathways
- Visit to National Football Museum – Trophy Holding Selfie + Penalty Shoot Out – extras included
- Visit to Abbey College – tour of school and presentation
- An introduction to U.S. soccer scholarships and membership of “University Search” – completion of an individual soccer resume’ – a digital presentation “the explainer” (every player gets 1 year membership – Unlimited SAT and ACT testing – 5,800 US university + 99 Canadian male & female soccer programmes)
- Full branded kit package; to include the following: 1 track suit, 2 training kits, 1 polo shirt
- Saturday guided cultural excursions – Liverpool, Chester, York, Lake District, etc.
- Airport transfers
- Match Video – competitive match video. Link provided to all participating players
- Media Training – Player video presentation – techniques & tips, results in an individual player video
Example Timetable (subject to change)
Football Talent ID Camp
When enrolling and attending the IH Manchester football programme, you are enrolling on an educational study programme as a full time student. Therefore, any students who are attending the programme from outside of the EU and have been granted leave to enter the UK by a student visa are not allowed to access public funds nor are they allowed to work in the UK, either paid or unpaid.
Working would include playing professional football for a club in the UK or amateur football for an amateur FA registered football club. Throughout the programme IH Manchester arrange a variety of experiences for students to attend scouting opportunities with clubs in the UK. Should a non EU visa student be successful in being scouted by a professional or amateur club in the UK, it would be the responsibility of the club and the individual player to ensure that they have secured the relevant UK work visa and permissions for this. We also only recommend doing this following the successful completion of the student’s course of study and with full compliance with the terms of their UK student visa.
Football + English 16+ Football Academy Football Coaching