A Levels + Football
Do you wish to study at university, but you also would like to know how you could take your football? Maybe you just enjoy studying more when you are also playing regular sport? Well. We can certainly help you live the dream.
Choose form a wide choice of A level subjects and study at Abbey College Manchester each morning, whilst training with professional football coaches at IHM Football Academy every afternoon. Let us take your game to the next level whilst you prepare for university entrance.
Abbey College Manchester students obtain excellent A level results that have established the school as one of the best independent schools in the UK. (52% A*-A, 78% A*-B, 94% A*-C.)
So, aim high! Take your football to the next level as you secure your place at a top UK university.
About the A Levels + Football Course
- Suitable for age 16+
- Students will have academic classes each weekday from 9.00am until 12.40pm at the Abbey College Manchester campus.
- Two hour football training sessions will be delivered each afternoon by professional and experienced coaches.
- Students will have the option to undertake fitness programmes during the late afternoon or alternatively will be able to attend study/booster classes in the college.
- 3 to 5 football training sessions per week
A Level Course Options
A-levels (two or three years)
- Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Business Studies, Economics and Mathematics
- Maximum 12 students per class
One or Two Term Programmes
Students who wish to only access a course for a shorter period of time should contact us below to find out what subject options are available.
Video – A Levels Option
Video – A Levels, Science or Business Options
- Half board Monday – Friday, full board at weekends.
- Sharing bathroom with the hosts.
- Sunday arrival and departure.
- Self catering.
- Private en-suite bedroom, living room and kitchend shared in an apartment with 3-7 other students.
This is traditionally a Two Year Programme although in certain circumstances it might be possible for a Three Year option to be undertaken.
To be considered for A-Levels students must:
-Have successfully completed GCSEs or IGCSEs, or the equivalent qualification in their home country if not from the UK, and have gained good pass grades in at least five subjects, including those to be studied at A-Level
-Be at least 16 years of age by the start of the academic year, i.e. 1st September
-Have achieved an IELTS for UKVI band score of at least 5.5 if a GCSE or IGCSE in English Language has not been gained