The 4 As
Each football club will look for different things in players, different attributes and abilities. So you need to be best prepared to stand out from the crowd, however you can. we suggest that at showcase events, trials and in every training session or match; you follow the 4 As and ask yourself the questions related to each. Starting with “do I have the 4 As?”
- How do you conduct yourself at a session?
- Are you professional at all times?
- Are you on time?
- Do you have the correct kit?
- Have you got a positive outlook?
- Do you listen and are you open to being coached?
- Do you show respect to the coaches and other players?
- Are you always wanting to learn?
- Are you an athlete as well as a player?
- Do you have speed over a short distance?
- Are you match fit?
- Do you work on core strength and conditioning?
- What’s your upper body strength like? Can you hold off players?
- Can you change pace quickly?
- Can you use both feet?
- Can you do the simple things? Never get bored of practising the simple things!
- What’s your game awareness like? Movement off the ball when in possession as a team as well when not in possession
- Do you make the right decisions?
- Are you confident on the ball?
- Can you communicate with your team?
- Can you follow instructions from team mates?
- Are you a leader on the pitch? Are you loud?
- What ability and skills that you have will make you stand out from the rest?
- Do you have the desire to achieve?
- What will you do to be successful?
- Have you got clear goals?
- Are you doing all you can to succeed?
- Have you researched clubs/showcase events/teams prior, do you know your game?
- Are you a leader in your group and a positive example to others?