Football Showcase Preparation Courses
A course specifically designed to prepare you for one of our Football Showcase Events.
Train and play to demonstrate your football ability in front of official scouts and club representatives from a range of football clubs from the north west of England. All levels of club will be represented; from Premier League down to semi-professional and non-league clubs. In addition, representatives from established scouting organisations, working for clubs across the UK and overseas, will also be in attendance and looking for talented players.
About the course
- Suitable for age 16+
- 2-4 week courses
- Maximum 20 students per class
- 15 hours of English lessons per week
- 10 hours of Football Training per week
- Gym membership
- 1 full day excursion each Saturday. Example excursions:
One full day excursion per week (Saturday) Example excursions—Liverpool, Chester, Manchester United Old Trafford Stadium Tour, Man City Etihad stadium tour, The Trafford Centre.
- Standard homestay accommodation (half board Mon-Fri, full board at weekends) Students may share a twin room with another player on the football programme
- kit bundle – 1 tracksuit, 2 training kits, 2 polo shirts, 1 hoodie
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure, Manchester or Liverpool airport
- GuardMe travel insurance – full details available on request
- This course is suitable for all levels of English except absolute beginners
How is a Showcase Event different from a Trial?
A showcase is either a full or half day event where you can play and train in front of invited scouts and club representatives from clubs of all levels. Should you perform at a high enough level you may be invited to the club training ground for a trial.
What if I get chosen?
Any player whose details are requested by a pro or semi-professional club will and invited to trial, will be contacted as soon as possible by a member of our team. We will not share your personal details with anyone without first gaining express permission from the player (if over 18) or a parent for those under 18.
Should you be selected for a club trial then the club will contact you once your details have been shared, to arrange the details of your visit. In some cases clubs may ask us to liaise with you in order to arrange such a visit.
What happens at a club trial?
A club trial can take many different formats and will vary from club to club. Some clubs will invite players to train with their youth academy. This allows them to observe how a player measures up against those players who have already been signed. Some clubs have “shadow squads” or “development squads” which run alongside their academy cohort. These squads may act as feeders into the main academy squad. So players may be invited to these sessions, too. In summary, a club trial gives a player a more extended opportunity to showcase their skill directly to a club’s coaching personnel, on their premises to see if the opinion of the scout concurs with that of the club.
Some clubs track players during the season that they have spotted at a Showcase event. If they feel a player is worth watching, but haven’t got any suitable vacancies or feel that the player is currently not at a high enough level, they may send regional scouts to watch them in a competitive match play situation. Should such a trial be requested, we would inform the player and / or his parents or guardians.
What can I expect from the showcase day?
Timetable of the Day (subject to change)
10.45 hrs Arrive at Nicholls Football Centre for registration.
11.00 hrs Welcome from Head Coach & Lead coaches, Split into groups and Numbered bib issued (please ensure you keep the numbered bib on at all times, with number showing, this identifies you)
11.10 hrs Warm up in groups and Fitness/SAQ work
11.25 hrs Coaching Session begins
12.00 hrs Short break (please ensure you have a water bottle with you on the day)
12.10 hrs Coaching session continues with small sided games
12.45 hrs Lunch Break (please bring a packed lunch)
13.15 hrs Afternoon coaching session begins
14.00 hrs Small Sided Games begin for U14’s (older age groups continue session)
15.00 hrs 11 V 11 games for older age groups (younger age groups sessions on grass or sports hall)
16.00 hrs Finish with group feedback
Please Remember to Bring With You:
· Full football kit, shin pads, boots (trainers for astro and boots grass) & water bottle
· Passport (with current valid uk visa if non EU)
· Completed Booking Form if you havent sent this to us arleady (Signed Parental Permission + parents’ contact details)
· Packed lunch and drinks for the day
Players who succeed in impressing the scouts will be invited to further trials with specific clubs.
Exceptionally gifted players may be identified at any of the exposure opportunities that are offered.
Some of our recent student player success stories:
- Carlos Mora – invited for training/trial at 3 different professional clubs – watch this space!
- Matt Jacobs – invited for a trial Witton Albion.
- Carlos Acuna – SIGNED for professional club in Venezuela.
- Lawrence Hanna – invited for trial with Professional club Accrington Stanley.
- Eric Behrans – SIGNED for professional club Derby County FC.
- Sam Zimmerman – Representing his country, Liechtenstein at under 21 level
When enrolling and attending the IH Manchester football programme, you are enrolling on an educational study programme as a full time student. Therefore, any students who are attending the programme from outside of the EU and have been granted leave to enter the UK by a student visa are not allowed to access public funds nor are they allowed to work in the UK, either paid or unpaid.
Working would include playing professional football for a club in the UK or amateur football for an amateur FA registered football club. Throughout the programme IH Manchester arrange a variety of experiences for students to attend scouting opportunities with clubs in the UK. Should a non EU visa student be successful in being scouted by a professional or amateur club in the UK, it would be the responsibility of the club and the individual player to ensure that they have secured the relevant UK work visa and permissions for this. We also only recommend doing this following the successful completion of the student’s course of study and with full compliance with the terms of their UK student visa.