English + Football Summer Courses
Monday 8th July – Friday 30th August 2019
Would you like to spend your summer playing football and learning English?
If so International House Manchester is the place for you! Football summer courses combine professional football coaching with our UEFA qualified coaches and English lessons at our school with our qualified teachers.
There’s no better place than Manchester, the home of football!
Think football, think Manchester! It is home to two football giants! So what better place to play football, study and follow your football dreams? Immerse yourself in Manchester’s rich footballing history whilst spending time in this young ,vibrant and dynamic city .
Student players will begin their day with either English or football studies lessons at our city centre school. Following lunch they will transfer to the training ground. Our UEFA trained football coaches then work with the players on all aspects of the game including fitness training, stamina and endurance training and both technical and tactical match play skills. A strong emphasis is placed upon developing each individual within a squad environment.
About the course
- Suitable for age 16+
- 2-9 week courses
- Start any Monday (apart from school holidays)
- Maximum 20 students per class
- 15 hours of English lessons per week
- 10 hours of Football Training per week
- Gym membership
- 1 full day excursion each Saturday. Example excursions:
One full day excursion per week (Saturday) Example excursions—Liverpool, Chester, Manchester United Old Trafford Stadium Tour, Man City Etihad stadium tour, The Trafford Centre.
- Standard homestay accommodation (half board Mon-Fri, full board at weekends) Students may share a twin room with another player on the football programme
- kit bundle – 2 tracksuit, 2 training kits, 2 polo shirts
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure, Manchester or Liverpool airport
- GuardMe travel insurance – full details available on request
- This course is suitable for all levels of English except absolute beginners
Football Showcase Events
Showcase your Football Skills to Pro-Club Scouts & Representatives
Train and play to demonstrate your football ability in front of official scouts and club representatives from a range of football clubs from the north west of England. All levels of club will be represented; from Premier League down to semi-professional and non-league clubs. In addition, representatives from established scouting organisations, working for clubs across the UK and overseas, will also be in attendance and looking for talented players.
What can I expect from the day?
11 am – Registration, introductions and warm-up, immediately followed by coaching sessions, delivered by our UEFA qualified coaches.
These sessions will include; basic testing, SAQ work, ball skills and small-sided games. (please ensure you arrive in time to be ready for a prompt 11.00am start)
Following the morning sessions, all players will be involved in a series of 11-a-side games.
All players will receive feedback from the coaches as a group. Players will also have the chance to meet with the coaches after the event, for individual feedback.
Players who succeed in impressing the scouts will be invited to further trials with specific clubs.
Exceptionally gifted players may be identified at any of the exposure opportunities that are offered.
Some of our recent student player success stories:
- Carlos Mora – invited for training/trial at 3 different professional clubs – watch this space!
- Matt Jacobs – invited for a trial Witton Albion.
- Carlos Acuna – SIGNED for professional club in Venezuela.
- Lawrence Hanna – invited for trial with Professional club Accrington Stanley.
- Eric Behrans – SIGNED for professional club Derby County FC.
- Sam Zimmerman – Representing his country, Liechtenstein at under 21 level
contact - summer course page
When enrolling and attending the IH Manchester football programme, you are enrolling on an educational study programme as a full time student. Therefore, any students who are attending the programme from outside of the EU and have been granted leave to enter the UK by a student visa are not allowed to access public funds nor are they allowed to work in the UK, either paid or unpaid.
Working would include playing professional football for a club in the UK or amateur football for an amateur FA registered football club. Throughout the programme IH Manchester arrange a variety of experiences for students to attend scouting opportunities with clubs in the UK. Should a non EU visa student be successful in being scouted by a professional or amateur club in the UK, it would be the responsibility of the club and the individual player to ensure that they have secured the relevant UK work visa and permissions for this. We also only recommend doing this following the successful completion of the student’s course of study and with full compliance with the terms of their UK student visa.
Football Summer courses | Summer Sessions Football Coaching Academy